For years I have considered purchasing an underquilt for my Hennessy hammock expeditions. Unfortunately good cold weather underquilts just seemed so ridiculously priced. I’ve been using my trusty lightweight Thermarest sleeping pad in my Hennessy for several years now and have been quite satisfied. Recently I stumbled upon the OneTigris underquilt as a possible alternative to my Thermarest.
This OneTigris is sold as a 3 Seasons Underquilt ideal for temperatures from 40°F to 68°F. Most importantly the OneTigris hammock underquilt is affordable… needless to say I decided to give it a try.
The OneTigris seems to be made of high quality materials that do a pretty good shielding you from the wind and keeps you warmly cocooned.
Well I have to say the underquilt appears to be fairly well made, stitching looks good and generally feels like a quality product. It packs up relatively small, frankly I am not sure you could get a full length hammock underquilt to pack smaller than this. The lowest temperature I experienced during my first overnight in the OneTigris was 51 degrees… I was not cold at all.
A few Specs
- PREMIUM MATERIALS: SEE Polyester Filling, 20D Ripstop Nylon Shell with a DWR coating and 300T Polyester Pongee Lining
- 3 SEASONS UNDERQUILT: Comfortable temperature range: 40°F to 68°F (5°C to 20°C), great way to extend the hammock camping season
- KEEPING YOU WARM: Designed to fit snugly to all standard sized hammocks, keeping you warm and toasty in chilly temperatures
- EASY TO SET UP: Short bungee cord loops for an easy and cozy fix to your hammock, very fast and easy to set up and take down
- COMPRESSIBLE: Includes a nylon stuff sack for easy storage. Weight: 30 oz /850g; Unfolded Dimensions: 7.9′ *4′; Stuffed Dimensions: 13″ *8″ | Lifetime Warranty