Finally the OneTigris DOUBLE hammock underquilt arrived. With the cold season knocking at the door I was eager to get out and test the under quilt on my Hennessy hammock before the snow flies. Getting things dialed in before snow camping is always a good idea.
This is the second underquilt by OneTigris I am trying out. I originally purchased the regular sized underquilt but found that it’s fit on the Hennessy Expedition was not ideal so I returned the regular and ordered the double size, see my previous video on this for an explanation. According to the manufacturer this OneTigris is sold as a 3 Seasons Underquilt ideal for temperatures from 40°F to 68°F.
Lowest temperature I have experienced to date in the OnTigris has been 43 degrees and I am happy to report that I did not feel cold on my backside. I suspect with the wind chill factored in temps were probably around the high 30’s. Construction quality seems good. So the big question is will the OneTigris Underquilt be up to the task, will it work as a winter hammock underquilt? I don’t know just yet but I have a feeling it will do just fine.
A few Specs
- PREMIUM MATERIALS: SEE Polyester Filling, 20D Ripstop Nylon Shell with a DWR coating and 300T Polyester Pongee Lining
- 3 SEASONS UNDERQUILT: Comfortable temperature range: 40°F to 68°F (5°C to 20°C), great way to extend the hammock camping season
- KEEPING YOU WARM: Designed to fit snugly to all standard sized hammocks, keeping you warm and toasty in chilly temperatures
- EASY TO SET UP: Short bungee cord loops for an easy and cozy fix to your hammock, very fast and easy to set up and take down
- COMPRESSIBLE: Includes a nylon stuff sack for easy storage. Weight: 30 oz /850g; Unfolded Dimensions: 7.9′ *4′; Stuffed Dimensions: 13″ *8″ | Lifetime Warranty